When you have a dental emergency there are a few things to consider when choosing what dentist to visit. Choosing the right dentist can make the process smooth and recovery quicker. In many cases patients do not have time in an emergency to search for the perfect dentist. Doing your research ahead of time is helpful so you know who to call if a dental emergency should occur.
What Should I Look For?
- Research dentists in your area so the dentist is easy to get to and close to where you live. If you have to drive far to get to your dentist in an emergency this can add stress to the situation.
- Ask what insurance plans the dental office accepts. Making sure your dentist accepts your insurance is important so you know this up front and are prepared. Call your insurance company and ask for a provider list. This can help give you a list of who has emergency hours and accepts emergency patients.
- Ask about their hours of operation and if they are open for extended hours. Dental emergencies can happen at any time of the day, and knowing your dentist can accommodate hours outside of the work day may help. If a dentist accepts patients on an emergency basis this should be acceptable.
- Make sure to ask the dentist if they treat both adults and children. Knowing you can run your child to their office is important ahead of time. For patients with children it is convenient to go to a dentist that handles dental emergencies for the entire family.
- Ask what services they provide ahead of time. If you have a dental emergency and need cosmetic dental work afterwards, it is important to know if your dentist can provide that service. Otherwise, you may need a referral and have to see another dentist after the emergency is treated.
Interested in Finding Out More?
Preparing for an emergency is important, and knowing where to go can help ease stress during an emergency situation. Make sure to do your research ahead of time so you are prepared in the event of an emergency. Our dental office accommodates dental emergencies, and our patients are in good hands should they need emergency care.
If patients have questions about our emergency procedures and services we encourage you to call our office. Our friendly dentist in Boyton Beach can answer any questions you may have.
To get in touch with us please contact our office and our staff will be happy to help!