Which Form of Cosmetic Dentistry Is Right for You? Our Dentist in Jupiter and Boynton Beach FL Explains
For those who feel ashamed or held back by how others perceive their smile, cosmetic dentistry is far more than an act of self-indulgence -- it's an essential step in reclaiming their quality of life. That's why we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options here at Riverwalk Dental Group. In fact, today there are so many cosmetic options available that you may be scratching your head over which procedure or procedures you actually need or want. Here's a breakdown of how different cosmetic procedures can help you, courtesy of our dentist in Jupiter and Boynton Beach FL, Dr. Payal P. Chokshi:
- Teeth whitening - Whitening is perhaps the easiest of all cosmetic dental procedures, but it's also one of the most dramatic at producing results. Our clinical teeth whitening procedure can get your teeth several shades brighter in a single appointment.
- Tooth-colored fillings - Are you unhappy with your ugly, dark-colored fillings? We can re-fill your teeth with undetectable tooth-colored fillings instead. No one will ever know you had a cavity!
- Porcelain veneers - These thin, shell-like pieces of tooth-colored porcelain are customized to fit over front teeth that are uneven, broken, cracked or stained. After shaving a bit of the outer enamel away, we adhere the veneers directly to the tooth surfaces.
- Cosmetic dental bonding - Bonding doesn't last as long as veneers, but it can achieve similarly beautiful results relatively quickly and affordably. A natural-looking resin is custom-fitted to fill gaps or chips.
- Dental crowns - A dental crown is a "cap" that goes over a cracked, weak, or broken tooth. (It's a common necessity following a root canal, for instance.) Crowns not only add strength to your teeth, they can improve the looks for irregular, jagged or discolored teeth.
- Dental bridges and dentures - A dental bridge consists of an artificial tooth (or a row of artificial teeth) anchored to your real teeth by crowns at either end. It's a quick, simple way to fill out that gap in your smile and restore chewing function. If you have extensive tooth loss, upper and/or lower dentures can completely "reset the clock" on your looks, allowing you to smile, eat and talk with confidence.
- Dental implants - Dental implants are a giant leap forward from older bridge and denture options. These surgical implants are permanently affixed to your jaw and topped with beautiful, realistic crowns. Better yet, they require no special care and attention other than good daily dental hygiene.
- Gum recontouring - Are you embarrassed by an overly "gummy" smile? Our dentist in Jupiter and Boynton Beach can actually adjust your gum line through advanced laser techniques.
- Smile makeover or smile design - Need to fix several aspects of your smile? We can help you plan a complete smile makeover or smile design to address everything from missing or jagged teeth to gum overgrowth.
Schedule Cosmetic Dentistry at Riverwalk Dental Group
Ready to narrow those cosmetic dentistry options down even further? Call Riverwalk Dental Group at 561-744-3646 for a consultation!
Did you chip a tooth recently? Which tooth is affected, and how badly?